Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Mushroom Outing in Minnesota

Mushrooms! Fungi! 
Minnesota!
This blog post by Mary Katherine May

It was a sunny day in September of 2016 that my husband and I went to the Sandhill Crane Natural Area in East Bethel, Minnesota.  It's just a wild place in its natural state. 

Going there means you will climb over fallen branches, walk through thick brush and over uneven ground.  We parked at an entry point which was the end of a cul de sac on a neighborhood street and walked in.  There never were any sandhill cranes in sight, but there was loads of fungi to photograph during the two hours (take or leave a few minutes) of exploration.  

I have been waiting to share some of the photos until I could put names to the mushrooms, and even bought a book but still having difficulties with identification. I am comfortable for the time being, however, with my pleasure at taking mushroom photos and will dig into identification at a later time. Fungi experts with ID skills welcome!

So...voila!  Here are some images from our Sandhill Crane Natural Area Adventure.



































No comments:

Post a Comment