Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Simple Thought on Prayer Everyday with Mary May

When the heart is at peace we can hear the voice of God.  

Shoreline of Crystal Lake at Hollingsworth Park
in Robbinsdale, Minnesota.
blog post by Mary Katherine May
quote by God

A lovely spring day today in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul in Minnesota.  Hollingsworth Park on Crystal Lake is located in Robbsinsdale is a first tier north suburb of Minneapolis on the west side of the Mississippi River.  

As I sat on a bench close to the lake I thought about problems and stresses that seemed overwhelming, wondering on how God could help me handle them.  I soon realized that the problem was not in how to handle my issues but instead all about where my focus was.

God deals with our problems. This is a promise. Dwelling, mulling and chewing over a situation is a sad, useless effort when even before solved we have assurance that a solution is forthcoming. There is no space for the working out, however, when where we are looking is at ourselves when our eyes should be looking up and out. Instead of thinking about ME and what I am going to do, change to looking up at God in praise and thanksgiving and out through eyes filled from a Spirit-filled soul.

How can I hear God when my heart and my are filled with the sound of my own voice saying, "Me Me Me Me ME!!!"?  We have a promise.  God loves us and takes care of us.  Be still and know....  So, shhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Listen!

When the heart is at peace 
we can hear the voice of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment